I needed another table mat to cover a coffee side table at Christmas time... so this was the month I decided to tackle it. I had some red & green fabric and just enough white to make it completely from my stash.
I enlarged a "block" so the finished mat would measure 24 inches square.
I even had just enough "red" fabric to use for the backing too.
I love when I get to use up my stash to make a needed/wanted item. Win Win I say!
Ooppss... where has this month gone???
I neglected to open up registration for anyone who would like to join in the annual Christmas in July swap.
Unfortunately this swap is only open to Aussie and NZ bloggers as postage is getting more costly.
If you would like to join in...please add your name in the comments
ON THIS POST ONLY...
and if you are happy to post to NZ... please include this in your comment too.
For all the info regarding this swap... read all about it HeRe...
Even if we only have a few swappers... I will still run this swap this year.
Last night I managed to sew together another 21 blocks for the newly started quilt for DD#2.
Added to the 4 blocks I made during the week... my total has now reached 25 blocks. WoW... only 19 to go.
I also managed to cut out a few 10.5 inch blocks that's needed in different shades of grey & white.
How did you all go last night? EnJoY yourself? I certainly enjoyed YOUR company... & as there were 31 of us sewing together... that makes quite a PaRTy... yippee...
I will try to get around to your blog over the weekend to see what you got up to.
The start of a new month means it's time for Friday Night with Friends.
Sign up below & then join all your on line friends THIS Friday evening.
It's always nice sitting sewing in the company of others...
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.
I had 10 " cross stitched" squares that were unpicked some time ago from an older unused project .
I added coloured borders to each one & re-used them to make this cuddle quilt for my grandies.
I think it's cute... but the test will come when a little one uses it to snuggle under this coming winter.
Another block is now complete as I added the fabric and appliqued it in place this morning.
The quilt is called... Girls Day Out... by Libby Richardson... & this is block 7 of 12.
It's a WISP which I pull out every so often... & even though I really enjoy working on it... it always seems to be pushed to the back of the pile. Oh well... one day!