Monday, March 19, 2018

ADDinG BinDinG

to a little MuG RuG... and a Charity Quilt.
The mug rug is my version of a pattern by The Patchsmith blog- HeRe... which I've had for ages.
I simply adapted it to meet my needs.
I will be giving it as a Xmas gift when I've added a bag in matching colours.

The Charity quilt will be handed back to the Novocastrian Quilters Guild at our next meeting.
I didn't make the quilt... I just stitched the binding on by machine & to the back by hand...
then added the label the Guild supplied... EaSY PeaSY.

I have added the MuG RuG to my challenge list for MARCH too.
This "Challenge" is for myself but anyone can join in.
I simply choose a book, magazine or pattern that has been gathering dust & make an item from it.
I keep a record on the blog sidebar for monthly encouragement.
That way my "TO DO" list will gradually reduce...
or at least that's the PLaN...
* * * * *

12 comments:

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

You have been busy, love your quilt and mug rug :)

Fiona said...

How cute is your mug rug..... the quilt is lovely too - hope it raises heaps of money

Hugz

Karyn said...

That is one adorable mug rug! The Reindeer are too cute, fun pattern.
Cheryll, I am in love with your Charity Quilt. The colors are beautiful, and I adore the back with it's own patchwork. What a loving project you created.
Hugs

Susan said...

Love the mug rug!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very cute mug rug. Wonderful quilt too. I enjoy sewing the binding down.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Busy girl love the mug rug ❤️

Lin said...

Great work on the mug rug and the quilt is lovely. xx

Karen S said...

That's a fun mug rug.
And well done getting the quilt finished.

Maria said...

I have that cute reindeer pattern and made it several times ,the one you made is lovely...
Fabulous charity quilt. Nice when everyone helps put it together.

Sharm said...

Challenge list?? Loving the mug rug and can't wait to see the bag to go with!!! Somebody will be getting a wonderful Christmas gift!

Anthea said...

That mug-rug is darling, Cheryll... well done!
What a great quilt, so good when many make a contribution & it turns out so well... binding is an important job!
(I see Ch9 is replaying a certain series of The Block at the moment, mid-arvo on weekdays, wink)

Bethan said...

Such a cute mug rug! How wide did you cut the binding? I am making some and cut the binding at 2 and a half inches and it was a bit of a nightmare! And what an amazing quilt x